Friday, January 24, 2014

Singing Time

SINGING TIME


Brigid Finucane * 847-213-0713 * gardengoddess1@comcast.net
http://prekandksharing.blogspot.com
http://brigidfinucane.blogspot.com
@booksinger1


Hello everyone!  Ms. Brigid here, from 
Merit School of Music in Chicago, IL.,
where I teach in the Early Childhood and 
General Music departments.
  
I have nothing to sell, but lots to share. 
Over my many years as a visual artist, 
musician and teacher, I have developed 
niches I especially love: 

Teaching English Through Music, 
Singing Games and Dances, 
Music and Literacy, 
Singing Books,
Science and Circle Time, 
Music and Technology. 

I'll be using this space as a repository for teaching materials and 
workshop handouts - and let it evolve from there. 

Here's a little more about me: 
  • I've worked as an early childhood music teacher since 1995 while continuing my life long research into cross-cultural music, dances and stories.  
  • Since 2000, I've taught early childhood family/child classes at Merit School of Music in Chicago, where I also act as Faculty Mentor.
  • developed a program to teach English through music for Merit’s Bridges (off-site) program.
  • Other curricula: 
    • Recorder's Rule!
    • The Royal Drum - Music & Storytelling (with Amy Lowe), 
    • Music Masters II (with Tara Trudel), 
    • Music Masters I Activity Guide (with Tara Trudel).
  • I am an active member in the Children’s Music Network (CMN), a national organization of singers, songwriters, educators and librarians who believe in empowering children through music. While at CMN, I've acted as Songs Editor for PIO!the online journal, and served as the Midwest Region co-rep with Susan Salidor.
  • I have presented teacher trainings and workshops for the Erikson Institute, Hugabook, Chicago City Colleges, ECMMA, Head Start, and many national and regional conferences. Connecting with adult learners gives the same delight I derive from teaching family classes and students in schools and community centers. 
  • My primary objective is to share the joy of singing and music making and to help students, families, and teachers become confident and creative musical beings.
Other things to know:
  • I'm a visual artist whose work concentrates on cross-cultural paper arts, ritual garments, bookmaking and surface design. I have an MFA in visual arts, with an emphasis in textiles and mixed media sculpture.
  • For many years, I was an artist in residence for the Illinois Arts Council.
  • I created community murals in Rogers Park/Edgewater that still exist!
  • I love to garden, read, make jewelry, and experiment with home reconstruction.
  • Writing is a passion. Communication is the thing is one of our family's mottos!
  • I'm enamoured of technology, my iPad2, and repurposing apps.
  • Chicago/Skokie holds my heart, except in winter, when I dream of California. 










No comments:

Post a Comment